I stepped on Holy Ground again

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 5, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I had to make another trip to Bobcat Country again for a hydraulic fitting, and I looked at a new 2008 S205, good news, they finally made changes to the loader where I had issues, it's solid and looks very similar to Cat's loader. Another clever thing I noticed was they changed the tie down points on the rear, there are now loops underneath behind the rear axles. Bad news, no major changes to anything else that I had issues with.
    But, there is a CTL machine coming out with torsion axles on the undercarriage, but the grease monkey can't confirm yet which machine it will be, and yes, he did say the roller suspension they have is an absolute joke!

And this must have been the ugliest Bobcat I have yet to see, 5500 hours, how the hell it got there I can't tell you!

Pictures 762.jpg

Pictures 764.jpg

Pictures 765.jpg

Pictures 763.jpg
  2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

thats a sexy machine...i really like the twisted fan belt
  3. bobcatuser

bobcatuser LawnSite Senior Member

Are you serious. That’s something you could only see in Abbistan.
  4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Only 13 more payments and it's his!
  5. bobcat_ron

And another thing I forgot to mention, they also will not let me rent any attachment that uses hydraulic power like augers, jack hammers or soil rakes, the "old man upstairs" doesn't want any more problems with oils from different manufacturers mixing and causing problems to their attachments, so I guess I won't be seeing Bobcat Country anymore, hello Cat Rentals!
  6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That's good stuff!
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Before the Cat Rental store came to town, Bobcat rented to everyone and never gave us grief about having other brands. Cat hasn't ever said anything about attachments going on my stuff. The Cat store is very good about getting machines/attachments out to you, I wish my Case dealer was as good in that area.
  8. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

What a crock this policy is. It is the sole reason I now have a JDCT322, a Ditch Witch SK and spent the weekend in my backyard on a demo JD 17D. My old 743 owes me nothing so it will stay in the fleet just to load salt in the winter. It is funny, I can use whatever fluid in my Bobcat, not change it for 5 years and rent attachments for it but not for brand new other brand machines. Cat rentals is pretty good as well as Surfwoods selection of attachments.
  9. bobcat_ron

I did business with Cat Rentals last month on the augering job, Bobcat Country didn't have the 24" auger, so when I made the call to Cat Rentals, they said they would have it there at 7:30 the next morning from their Langley location, Bobcat Country just doesn't seem to have enough of the attachments that are in high demand at peak times of the year.

Plus, Cat Rentals has every excavator available from the 301.8 up to a 315 with a thumb, and I mean every excavator, even 2 new C series skids, and their rates are better than Bobcat Country's!
  10. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We've used CAT rental for four years now and never look anywhere else. Like you said they have everything, or they will get it for you. Our bobcat store would tell us an attachment was due back in 3 weeks, check back then. Our CAT rental shares space with another supplier that rents everything else you need, saws, tampers, you name it so it's a one stop shop.