I test drove an 09' F150 today!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Jan 18, 2009.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Wow is all I can say. The truck rode great, really quite compared to my older chevy. Its even quieter then my brothers 04' F150 and very solid feeling almost like a 3/4 to truck. I'm 6'3 and I had tons of leg room in the back seat on the crew cab, and I mean I could stretch out nicely back there. The floor is completely flat inside no transmission hump at all, all the way back, thats pretty nice for more usable space and it gave the cab a bigger feeling. I was in the SFE which was the "super fuel efficient" edition 4.6 3 valve V8, the engine had some power when I laid into the skinny pedal entering the on ramp, nothing spectacular but decent enough for a 1/2 ton. I think the new redesigned F150 is a decent truck and I was quite impressed with it. I would consider it in the near future as a replacement to my 1500 Chevy.

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

They are fantastic trucks. I drove one of the 5.4 4X4's Super crew 6.5ft bed. Wow, That thing was so impressive. If i do end up getting my step dads 2000 powerstroke, i will be getting one of the 09 F-150's. King ranch or lariat. They are so comfy.

3. FDuce

FDuce LawnSite Member

I have yet to actually see a new one on the road. I guess the auto industry is really going downhill if the #1 selling truck isn't selling. I would love to have a new F150 Raptor though.

4. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

They've done a real good job with the new ones.....I hated the grilll when it first came out but now im already used to it...........Really like them!

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Its definately a region thing. They are all over the place down here! You cant go 5 minutes without seeing one.

6. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Yeah it must be there are a ton on the roads already and they had maybe 12 on the lot. They said they can't keep em in stock fast enough. There were no 4x4's to test either.

7. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah they look real nice. waitin for the diesel to come out

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I seen one yesterday at church. I like the looks of the 09.

9. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

What do you need 4x4 for? Did you happen to test out the "man step" on the tailgate?

10. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Yeah the man step is a good idea but looks a little gay. They got one on the side of the bed now too, you tap it and it folds down, another great idea if your mom drives your truck to the grocery store.

I think if I were to fork over close to $40,000 I would at least want all 4 wheels to spin.