I think he's pullin my leg...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Adam3669, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, my older brother claims that he and his partner can distribute 500 flyers per hour, and that is method is very professional...but he won't tell me what his method is. Can anybody figure this out? Any ideas at all?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

500 for the two of them,....that's about 15 second apiece. If they are walking across yards to doors, and moving right along with them, yes,....I think it could be done as an approximate time.

3. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think that would be proffessional passing fliers/door kno huggers by walking across the owners' lawns just to make time. People watch you. From a distance, you can see where you walked and it is noticable. If you walk at a fast pace but Don't run you can make some timming. What makes that proffessional? walk the side walks to the door.

Watch them JWs' you won't see them walk across lawns.

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

if they put them on cars at the wally-world parking lot then it is very doable

5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

unless they're doing the stuff mentioned above, or tossing them out in bags with a rubber band and rock to weigh it down, from the back of a truck, I'd say they're pullin your leg. walking the sidewalk to the door may take more time, but it does reflect positively on you and your business.

6. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think its possible. Ive been doing about 100-150 and hour on foot with doorhangers, walking down driveways and not through yards. Even if they did cut through yards it wouldnt multiply their time by 3 fold. Driving in truck i would get about 250 an hour, me driving with someone stuffing in paperboxes.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i distrubeted 3000 flyers thursday in 5 minutes..... gave them to a local newspaper to insert into the sunday edition..... i was done in no time, and was able to hit specific target areas.......:)

HOW did they do it, (if its true)

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, most I ever got was 180 / hour thou 150 / hour was more like it, by myself in a car (taping flyer to the post of the mailbox). Walking (even running) I can't see much past 100 / hour in a real tight-knit area, most places the actual average ought to be closer to 30-45 / hour when walking.
    By the way, everybody has a secret method that gets them at least double what you're getting... Of course, they won't tell you what it is.

9. Sunshine Lawn Co

Sunshine Lawn Co LawnSite Member

I think it's possible .. if you rent a helicopter and toss them out over a neighborhood.

10. hotpan

hotpan LawnSite Member

it IS possible, me and my brother-in-law delivered our first 500 in about an hour, maybe hour and 15 minutes. We already had all the flyers rolled up in rubberbands and placed them in walmart bags (50 per bag). Rolling them up at home took about 30 minutes. Then we found a ritsy neighborhood with 600 houses and he drove while i put the flyer in the "newspaper" mailboxes (the blue or white mailbox usually next to the main mailbox". After the first 100 i got to the point where he didnt have to stop, just mainly slow down at each mailbox while i tossed them into the mailbox. i admit i had to get out and pick up flyers about 5 times cuz i missed the mailbox, but it worked. I dont know if we could've done it so fast though if the target houses were in different neighborhoods.