I think i did alright

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Deebo53, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Deebo53

Deebo53 LawnSite Member

After about a month of looking around for a good used zero turn riding mower i finally pulled the trigger on one that i found at Weingartz. I got a 2008 Exmark Lazer Z 25hp Kohler engine with 1488 hours for $3995 plus tax and got them to throw in a couple extra sets of blades. I just hope the machine was maintained properly, i test drove it and it started on the first turn and ran smoothly. Would you guys pay that much for the machine?

2. No way. That is a lot of hours. That machine is already half past it's life...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Deebo53

Deebo53 LawnSite Member

I've seen a lot of Lazer Zs go to around 4000 hours. I do plan to maintain it correctly and try to get as much life out of it as possible. It's our first rider, if it can get us through this season ill accept it.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

For what Exmarks go for in SE MI, and especially the used ones at Weingartz, I think you prolly did OK. Just curious, which store did you get it at- Waterford, or Farmington?

As long as you're happy with it and you get good service for a year or two from it, that's all that really matters.:)

5. Deebo53

Deebo53 LawnSite Member

The one over in Waterford. I originally called them for one with 850 hours for 4995 but it was real beat up. Just walking around in their basement i walked by this one it was in great shape and i said screw it if it can get me through a season or 2 ill be happy

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

They have some pretty good people working at that store, especially Tammy in parts (she knows more about parts than about any other parts person I can think of except one), and most of their salesmen. We went to their open house a few weeks ago, and they had several of their used Exmarks sitting out front. I might have seen it then.

7. caddy029

caddy029 LawnSite Member

Theres a sucka born every minute!!!!!!

8. Deebo53

Deebo53 LawnSite Member

I actually got a exmark hydro viking from the show over at the farmington Weingartz during their open house. They had a lot of good used equipment there.

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

That is a lot of hours for that machine. Hopefully the hydros have been replaced or rebuilt!

10. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I just sold an 07 exmark with 1697 hours for 3,700. Everyone who ran it said it was just as good and tight as theirs with less then 500 hours. A mower is only as good as the maintenace that was done to it. My other exmark is pushing 4,000 hours on a 28 hp kohler. I replaced 1 hydro at 3,200 hours and she is still running strong.
    Posted via Mobile Device