1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I think I got fired. YEAH!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Oct 9, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I have (or had) this one customer that I took over form a friend this year and she has been a pia all year long. Every time I go there it is will you do this, will you do that, you didn't do this right, I want it done this way, you kow the type. I tried to drop her once already, but me being who I am, let her talk me into staying because she is old, in poor health and needs someone she can trust. Well, the last time I was there I was feed up with her and told her all I'm going to do is cut your grass, thats it. No weed pulling, no pruning, etc. She said she needs someone to do all her work and for me not to come back until she calls. Fine. Well this moring at the fire station one of the guys on the other shift that cuts in the same area asked if I was still cutting for her because he heard she was looking for someone to do her work. Yeah I was fired. It is such a relife to know that I don't have to go there anymore.

Btw, thanks for "listening".
  2. soccer coach

soccer coach LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Does every fireman in the country cut grass?? Remember to charge enough. :)
  3. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

There are 7 people assigned to my station, 4 each have our own busniess. I think almost every firefighter has cut grass at some point in there career.
  4. soccer coach

soccer coach LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Might be a good place for me to look for help. I have used some school teachers in the summer that worked out good. One was my old history teacher that gave me a d. Sure was nice to see the do a little manual labor. One day we had fert to put on several lawns(most of the day). Guess who got to run up and down the hills in the backyards?:D He told me he had never worked like that in his life. The next day he could barely get out of the truck:D .
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

did he give u a d or did u earn a d..:D
  6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Life is far too short to deal with difficult people. Just work on getting that slot in your schedule filled and all will be fine. I wish you the best of luck.

7. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I'm another fireman that cuts grass, fighting fires is a hobby, it does'nt pay enough to be a job. lol
  8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

We Do 4 You.....is that the name of your biz?? just wondering cuz at first when i read it, it sounded chinese to me...like when you order at a chinese restaurnant, it would be a response from the w aiter..haha, i found it funny. good name though in a lawncare aspect :p
  9. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  10. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

Hey! Should I take offense?!? LOL... I just left teaching (Psychology and History) after ten years. :dizzy:

This is expected to pay more and fewer hours.