1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I think I want to get a small wb mower what to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fulano, May 14, 2006.

1. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to get a smaller wb hydrofloating deck mower. I'll be mowing on hills and I already have a 48" for flat areas. I do not have a small mower just the 48". What size should I get? Back yards are fairly large around here and if I start to mow more I may have to get into smaller gates. That is where this mower would be good. Or should I just get a 48" wb and a 21" for backyards? Or just avoid yards that have a small gate.
    There are a few JD dealers and exmark dealers in the area and for the most part those are the mowers I see on most local lco trailers.

I was considering an exmark turf tracer xp with the 15hp kawasaki engine and 36" floating deck. I think that would work best on the hills, backyards, and rougher terrain we have where I want to mow.
  2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Go take a look at a Simplicity pacer. I have one and it's awesome. Never gives me any trouble on my bank repo's. And also it lays some nice stripes. I bought mine for $1,800, it's all hydro and floating deck. There are no spacers on this unit to change deck height, just a twist of a knob to make the deck go up or down. I would recommend this unit to anyone. Easy controls, just a push of your thumb and it goes forward or reverse. I let three of buddy's who are in lawn care business use my unit guess what with in two weeks they each had one.
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

IS that a 36 inch deck brand new? walk behind im asuming? I am also looking into a 36 inch mower. Post any pics of it if you have any. thanks in advance.
  4. fulano

Thanks for the suggestion. I have read a little on the simplicity and I think it only has one pump that drives both wheels. I was looking for something that drives both especially since the yards I will start to mow are pretty much all hills.
  5. fulano

I didn't post that info, but you can google simplicity pacer to find out more. It is a 34" 15hp briggs and staton engine. It comes with mulch kit and rollers and a 12 gauge deck. msrp is $2200 so I'm sure to get the $1800 you would have to get the dealer to move on his price a bit.
  6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

deck sounds kinda flimsy to me.
  7. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

just get a toro t bar BELT DRIVE, easy on the hands and if you can stand on the hill , you can mow with it.
  8. fulano

Is that a 30161 ? I saw a dealer in Nashville has one on ebay for $2400. There is also a couple of toro dealers near my house which would be a plus. I have read that a exmark is a toro? Since I have little experience I don't know, but people say that a belt drive is bad on hills especially when it is wet. I also wanted a floating deck because the lawns where I plan on cutting are out in the country and are not as manicured as the lots in the city of Brentwood and the $600K+ homes located there.
  9. gottamow

gottamow LawnSite Member

Check out the Quick 36 by Better Products. Mowed with my brand new "Super Fox" today (13hp Briggs, 3 blade 36" WB). Can only buy direct from factory (see their website, link on top of Lawnsite page). I think I'm really going to like mine and for the money haven't seen anything that completes.
  10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Good for you and your buddies but after looking at it and the specs there is no way I would own one myself. Its a troybuilt with different paint. The intek is a pos engine. IMO its not up to commercial standards. If it works well for you then thats great but for me it would be a no go.

Make Briggs & Stratton
    Model 15-hp Intek OHV with Electric Start
    Transmission Automatic
    Speeds (fwd / rev) 0-4.25mph / 0-4mph