I Think I'll Go To Wal-Mart Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, Feb 21, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Well March is right around the corner and we received 6 unsolicited telephone calls yesterday for estimates so that got me to thinking.

By now all of the new "professional" lawn jockeys have probably had their homemade flyers printed at the local Qwik-Print and should be plastering them all over innocent and unsuspecting mailboxes any tme now. So, being that I enjoy seeing new equipment as much as anyone and I am bored, after the estimates are finished today I think I'll ride on over to the closest Wally World and watch these new "business owners" spend their allotted $373.25 to make their season equipment purchases and then watch them pile them into the trunk of their 1972 Pinto, or hang them out the hatchback window of their Explorer.....:dancing:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Mike, that '72 Pinto is probably worth 5 times more now than when it was made being it's an antique:laugh:

3. MMLawn

Shoot Rod, I bet a ton of folks on here don't even know what a Pinto is or that Ford ever made one :laugh:

Wait a minute......that means you and me (and MAC) are old then.... :eek:

4. rodfather

that and a '72 Pinto is older than most members here...now that's scary:nono:

5. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

made it........... what a year lol I was not even a year old yet:)

6. rodfather

while you're at it Mike, swing by Home Cheapo too and see who's gearing up there as well:laugh:

7. MMLawn

Yeah I was just thinking Rod. One of our Home Cheapo's is directly across the street from one of our Wally's and then there is a K-Mart across the street from that and a Sears up the road......shoot I might make a full day of it :clapping:

8. rodfather

LMAO...hell, sounds to me like ya oughta pack a lunch too while you're at it...some guys just have all the fun:drinkup:

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Whats a pinto ???

10. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Love to see the AMC Pacer along with that '72 Pinto hauling equipment around.