I think I'm dreaming

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Jul 24, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I walked out side twice to make sure it was really raining...
    About time, first time it has rained @ my house in 29 1/2 days.
    Sure do hope my customers are getting the same snack for there lawn or should I say tease.....we need a ton alot more
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think the weather is very odd this year. We got July weather in May, and now in July the temps really aren't that hot, and the nights are definitely cool. No muggy nights. We've been getting rain here and there (even today we got another shower), and the grass is growing. Matt says he is pulling up to accounts that are just 7 days, and the grass is high and green. Looks like if this continues the grass will be making a comeback.
  3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I almost forgot how to turn on my windshield wipers. It seems like the balto metro area is immune to rain . its all around us. thank
    God it is raining north of us at least in Pa to run the water downstream into the reservoirs.
  4. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Same Here. :)

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

What we need is a nice tropical storm to form in the Gulf and move up the east coast...we've had a couple t-storms over the past few weeks but it just runs off. It needs to rain and rain GOOD for a solid day at this point....
  6. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what the goverment is doing over at camp david it seems they wont let the storms come past the contocton mnts:laugh:
  7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

last thurs there was heavy rain all comming at us. then POOf! it hit the mountains and it was gone. East of our area was getting 2-3" of rain from a storm mon. Harford county had tornados and flood watches. I have been looking at the tropical waves comming off of Africa hoping for a tropical storm too!!! still plenty of time to salvage a good year I think I'll wash my truck that will bring on the rain.
  8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a sprinkle here.

This is badddddd.

9. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

For the customers who don't water I have mowed twice since the end of August. This is the worst mowing year I've had. We really need the rain here.
  10. Wet1

Wet1 LawnSite Member

We've been lucky in CT... Enough rain to keep things mostly green and growing. :)