I think it'll be a Stander X

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kmart104, Mar 25, 2012.

1. kmart104

kmart104 LawnSite Member

Ok so I think i narrowed it down to a stander X. Like everything about it and dont really need rapid height. It's easy enough just to hang a wheel off the trailer gate to change it. So I was always planning on going with a 52".

But now i'm thinking about the 48". Should I just pay for the extra few inchs and one have an opion on the cut?

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

The Stander X is like a rapid height. You can raise and lower the deck on it and the deck floats.

I think you mean a Fixed deck Stander.

3. kmart104

kmart104 LawnSite Member

Oh ok. Didn't think the X had the rapid height always thought they were two different mowers. Is that just an option? Any thoughts on 48 over 52?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Can a 52 fit everywhere you want it to?

I'm pretty sure the 52 has better overhang for trim work.

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

These are the models:

Stander
    Stander RH
    Stander X
    Stander ZK

The Stander has a fixed deck. You adjust height with blade spacers, caster spacers and where the wheel motors are mounted to the frame.

The RH is a fixed deck that is adjustable.

The X and ZK are floating decks that are adjustable.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

none of them are really floating........more like hanging...... floating decks ride on wheels that follow the contour of the ground

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I just got the Stander X 52". Ive mowed with it for two weeks. Its great. My properties range from tiny to a little over an acre. The 52" is perfect. I highly recommend it.

8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I would definitely go with the 52" for sure. Ever looked at the Exmark Vantage?

9. You will def be happy with a Wright machine, they are great. I have owned mine for 3.5 years and have had 0 issues. It does have low hours(375), but still.
    Posted via Mobile Device