I think its a deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Willofalltrades, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 8 properties that I maintain on the side. So landscaping is a side business for me. On my one day off I load up my trailer with my 48" Deere Walkbehind and cut as much grass as I can. My properties are all 1+ acres so It takes me forever. I have the oppertunity to get a Cub Tank with a 25hp kaw. and a 60" deck for $6800 (new...its a leftover '06). The reason I want this machine is because of the size of my properties. I can't finish them all in a day like I should. With the 0 percent financing Im thinking of picking up this unit. It would work itself out to be a $200 a month payment for 36 months and a family member offered to make the winter payments if he gets to use it during the summer to cut his own 1 acre property. What do you guys think? Should I get it, pay $200 a month, and free up my sundays (sunday is the day I make up the properties I couldn't finish)

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would, it sounds like a good deal to me!!! And you dont have to worry about that payment in the slow season of the winter. Those cub tanks look like real nice robust mowers. And you always gotta have one day of R&R!!!! :drinkup: And at least if you do add more accounts, you have the bigger mower to remain productive and be able to grow with out running yourself and the equipment ragged. So I vote go for it!!! I wanna see pics when/if you do!!

3. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

you will be amazed at how that Z will change your life - if you can swing the payments just do it - you'll be done in half the time and be looking for more work

4. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

I was looking at the same one. Did u go to outdoor power world. I got quoted the same price. Very nice guys there. I got my rototiller from there.

5. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

what he said, definitely

6. Willofalltrades

No its a cub cadet/ ferris dealer in Chardon.

7. Willofalltrades

Well I appreciate it. Its looking good. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow, my day off... the day I should be mowing. I'll go in in the morning, hopefully I can make up for lost time by bumpin the yards out with the new Mower! lol

8. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I'd think about running that new mower around your own yard a few times before taking on th "world" with it... if you've never driven a ztr before. Coming down a grade and having to stop fast for the first time can be a hare raising experience! Especially if the grass is damp.

Good luck with your new purchase.

9. Willofalltrades

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to a walkbehind but I have run Mid moount Zs in the past when working for other companies. Give me 10 min. to get used to it and I'll be ready to go. I can only imagine turning on one of the hills I have lol. Pics will follow of the mower and maybe the hill as well as my opinion.

10. Willofalltrades

I purchased the mower. Its a 2006 Cub Tank M60. It has the 25hp kaw. So far I have mowed for 5 hours on it and I can say I am satisfied. I like the performance of the deck the most. I'm a believer in the command cut deck.
    Complaints: The front center anti-scalp wheel fell off after 1.5 hours of work. I noticed a little bit of what looks like oil by the right hydro pump. It doesn't seem to be new oil since I ran the machine but I need to take a closer look tomorrow and make sure all my connections and pump are ok.
    Favorites: I like the lockable axle up front. I cut a few SERIOUS hills and that makes a big difference. I also love the speed of the machine. Going from a walkbehind and previously a Walker, the Tank is fast as heck lol.