I Think Its A Good Idea... Gonna Try It.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

I was mowing at a gas station today with people all around and thought.. "I should have one of those signs that say ~ danger stay back 50 feet ~ " Then I thought why not just get that printed right on the back of all my work shirts :) Have one of those triangles with the "!" mark in it and the wording under it. The only thing is getting the logo and phone number in there without the whold thing looking stupid and crowded. What do you think?

warning01.jpg

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It'll be different that's for sure......::blob3:

3. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

From a legal point it might be construed as a warning, that you know you are creating a dangerous enviroment. Therefore you might be held liable for ANYTHING that happens.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I always though of puting a SMV sign on the back of my shirts. For when I was crusing from job to job on my stander. (this was before I had a truck and I was 15 years old) But I got a truck. But still a good idea.

They have a "keep back 500 feet" on the back of every fire truck and engine. A fire ground is a dangerous enviroment. So does a "caution wet floor sign", which marks a dangerous enviroment. So I don't think you could be held liable. But check with a lawyer 1st.

5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I have a bunch of dogs so I was going to put a sign on my gate that said beware of the dogs. Well my insurance agent a realtor and my vet told me the same thing as what kipper said. In this day and age the way things are.....I believe it.

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just get a couple of those fold up signs to put out were you need them.

I think a shirt with a warning would be stupid.Just my 2 cents.

7. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Things arn't that bad in Canada YET.. (at least here in NB) but its coming.. Ill let you know how they look. Prob just one or two to see :) Ive always wanted to put "Your Ass Is Grass" on the back of my shirts.. now that is stupid :D (and wont ever happen)

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If it doesn't open a legal can of worms, it might get your point across. I'm always amazed at the number of customers who will bring their little kids out to watch me work. I guess that's why we were born with 2 eyes...

If mowing is so interesting to watch, maybe I could line up some sponsors and deck my mower out with a bunch of advertisers, like NASCAR...

9. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Well here's a thought for you on advertising and sponsors. Why not take your big enclosed trailer and oversized truck and put stickers of the local hardware store where you buy from or the shop where you get work done on your truck. If you talk to these people and sell them on the idea of your truck being all around in the public you might get some true sponsorship, maybe even a discount.

10. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

It would definitely make people look at your shirt, and notice what company you are working for. Everytime they saw that shirt, they would definitely remember you, good or bad!