I think its time to start to order parts on line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vaacutabove, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Doublewide6

Doublewide6 LawnSite Member

Needed a deck belt for a Toro 105-8783 Dealer $120
    Ebay $65 + $8 Shipping OEM Parts.

Priority Mail 2-3 days

I guess the dealers know they got you by the balls when you can't mow lawns without the part they have. :waving:

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Lets see I thought stihl had just about the best head when I was running them and you are going with speed head:dizzy: The speed head has many many short comings........try loading the thing in the field when the temp is 100F and the line is curled up in your pocket. And how do you like extra vibration as that thing wears out.

3. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

4. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a speed feed head on another trimmer and like it. But I guess its lile anythin like it or hate it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. J-Thomas

J-Thomas LawnSite Member

6. NJDLLC

NJDLLC LawnSite Member

I use j-thomas.com as well. Never had any issues with them at all.

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ive ordered parts from China and never got ripped off, it just takes along time.

8. NJDLLC

NJDLLC LawnSite Member

I don't plan far enough ahead to afford that luxury. 2-4 days is my ideal delivery time. If I had a couple weeks and it was the best deal, maybe I would.

9. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

just ordered $200 worth of blades, bearings, fluid film, and filters from Mow Part and Green Parts Store (Deere only). Mow Part has the best prices i've seen so far on Gator G6 blades. Two sets shipped for 70.00

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i started ordering on line this past year. fed up with dealers not stocking ANYTHING ! of course sthil still has their outdated buisness model and dosnt allow internet sales(you cant even look up part numbers!). i only use sthil blowers mostly so i will have to live with it. partstree has had almost every part i have needed. even the oddball stuff and very old parts. ebay also great source