I think James has been Moonlighting in Nashville

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Eden Lights, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anyone else doing lighting in the 70-80's Era?

DSC_12580001.jpg

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Still working?

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Someone covered up the photocells..

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

those things are museum pieces!!! We love when we get back old transformers...we re furbish them and save them!

5. Eden Lights

Yes they are working, we have been baby sitting this equipment for three years and we are getting ready to upgrade everything. About a dozen of these babies around the property.

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, that's all I can say.

7. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Nice tape job! It's holding up well. :laugh:

Keith

8. Eden Lights

Some of the Transformer photocells are covered up with the fabric style electrical tape, how long has it been since you have seen that?

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

The Key thing here is that those transformers are still working... after ALL that time!

I think that is remarkable don't you? I would send that photo off to Connie Barnes at Nightscaping... they might appreciate it. Who knows, they might offer you a 'trade in incentive' or something to modernize them all to H3O Powercenters.

Have a great day.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

The biggest enemy to those old painted steel transformers was moisture. I tried to pull one off an outside wall about a year and a half ago and the case crumbled in my hands.

Homeowner reported that there was kind of a bang and a tripped breaker while they were playing cards one night.

I've seen others that rusted through in the field too. However, I've also encountered some even older than those in near pristine condition, still working, in a shed.