I think Snow is my friend!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Mar 20, 2005.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Yes we are all probably tired of the - krap its snowing again - posts and the where is spring posts and the hey I can't wait to get back to work posts but I have a different view.
    As I was shoveling the 8 inches of fresh fallen heavy snow I got to thinking how nice it was that it did snow. Quite frankly I am not ready for the season! I thought I was but this actually helped me out. I have over 100 work orders on my desk with more coming every day and there is a lot of work to do. I have estimates that are backed up and my trailer is still sitting in mothballs in the garage.
    If it didn't snow and turn 60 degrees I would have been swamped and would have been going 20 different directions. Now I actually have an excuse and I can form a plan as to how I am gonna handle all this stuff. I can actually do paperwork and schedule how I want to approach the work. I will be able to get the mowers set up and get my 2 tons of fertilizer stacked and ready.

I know its gonna get warm soon and I really wasn't ready to start even though in my mind I thought I was. Everything happens for a reason, now I know I have lots to do but I have some time to do it. Well I have to go and shovel the additional 2 inches we got last night.

2. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

MowEd.....Hats off to you & I am jealous :cry:

We love the snow...the more it snows the less we have to do in the summer and can enjoy the freedom of being selective on our work load.

In Indiana we can only factor in about 3-5 snows per winter season,,,,thats down from 6-10 in years past. If it were not for the salting biz on the smaller snows....wow, we would probably just not do it.

Hey...thats OK,,,,, I have found an untapped part of the Lawn & Landscape market and so far.... ITs a MAJOR success !!!!!!!!

NO....Im not going to tell :cool2:

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad to see someone is still enjoying it...and it ain't me.

4. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I welcome the snow. Snow means plowing and plowing means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$