I think this is the week!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Mar 26, 2006.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

All right everyone in the north east, I think this is the week to go full throttle. The weather has been a problem the past couple of weeks but it's looking good for this week. I feel like a bear that has been hibernating. That is, crunching numbers, taking classes and doing everything to make my business successful except the actual work. I'm ready to make some cash this year, are you???

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are starting up full time tomorrow. Full employee meeting at 7:30am to go over the changes for this year. Going to be a room full of zombies as usual, including myself:sleeping:

Alittle wet here to do much with equipment still. We will start a few cleanups and tree jobs. Some design work.

Mulch and full cleanups, I'm hoping to start next week.

GIT R DONE :usflag:
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think so too KC. Accuweather is showing some good temps coming up. :clapping:
    Matt's been out there doing some cleanup work and some small tree removals, but the increase in temps is going to be a welcome change.
  4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

It's about time!

I have jobs lined up(a good thing) but the weather has been disappointing. This week is looking like the week that the weather will break.

5. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you KC, I am with you there. I have got a few jobs lined up for this week. I put out a thousand fliers last week and I am going to put out a thousand more this week. I had a Realtor call me the other day and ask if I wanted to put some kind of coupon in with her news letter to her clients and she would cover the postage up to fifty letters, So I am trying to decide what to offer in the coupon. Contracts to write, proposals to write,soil samples to send off, setting up accounts with suppliers, UUGGG:dizzy: I am ready. Its go time:walking:
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've been at it 2 full weeks already doing cleanups and mulch.
  7. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

IM gona roll tomm to.... little wet... little nervous... also a little nervous the weather is gona turn bad...

quality..... How is it out in rochester.??? Best of luck to you this season.. evr seen good old tara around???
  8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

gonna be doing some work this week but still another week before we go full into clean ups. Even with no rain the grass is really soft and rips right up.
  9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Decent out here. I'm in the same boat as you with the weather. I have a few guys going out to pull plow stakes tomorrow, and I'm scared it will snow at the end of the week if we do it! At least we get to skip right over lawn repair this year. Plow most residential accounts 1x!

Tara??!! OWWWWWWWWW:cool2: Nope haven't seen her. I was hauling a load of salt to Binghamton in January and passed her on 86. Miss that girl;)
  10. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Steve.. i was thinking its gona be easy cleanup... not much snow to speak of here either....I do have a few skunks that need to be shot tonight... Im ogna half to stop down at your place this summer and check out your operation...

who doesnt miss tara... dont we all wish we could live the party life of that girl

keep in touch steve and good luck this season... lets see some pics of all your nice equipment