I think this was uncalled for

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by little mike, Aug 14, 2005.

1. little mike

little mike LawnSite Member

I 'm just starting out in the business so I haven't gotten around to getting commercial walk behind yet right now I've got a Murray mower EB7701 blower,Fc110 stick edger,and RedMax BC3401 Trimmer next year hopefully I'll be able to purchace Exmark Metro 32" a few days ago I was doing my cust property when another LCO across the way comes over and tells me that, I need to get a bigger more powerful mower if I want to make any real money now Iknow y'all are thinking that the guy was probably trying to be helpful and I wouldn't have mind if that was the case however it was the smug arrogant way he which he said it that bothered me I politly let him know to worry about his own operation and let me worry about mind I don't mean no offense guys but I'll tell you right now there is not a one of us that is better than the next guy we all put our pants on one leg at a time and every one of you started at the bottom and worked your way up because the only job you start at the top is digging a hole again I apologize if I offended anyone out there

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

don't let it bother you, just keep your goals clear in your mind and don't change them unless its your choice. other than that, Keep your customers happy and follow your growth to reach your goals.

3. was it FAREWAY, maybe he's in Texas now.

4. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

My first thought reading this post was - Who is the REALLY?

But on this subject, I had a neighbor that ran a crew of three guys (including himself) using only Toro 21" mowers. He did just fine with that business model. Every winter he went somewhere in Europe and came back in the spring to mow yards again. payup

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

This is the longest sentence I have ever read.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I stopped reading in the middle of the third line...it was giving me a headache.

7. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Yes, it was uncalled for. He was just feeding his ego. He's a low-life.

You'll get your chance to feed yours when you're twice as big as him.

8. Cimarron Landscape

Cimarron Landscape LawnSite Member

he's a jerk.
    I started the same way...minus the redmax trimmer, etc.
    Watch your classifieds like a hawk. That's how I got my Toro Proline.
    ~Brian

9. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

eh I wouldn't have given it a second thought ..c

10. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

I love your signature.