I thought I saw it all

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mole, Jan 13, 2006.

1. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Today is Friday the 13th, and I thought I was hearing things (I live in Buffalo NY) I herd a lawn mower running, I went outside to see if I was crazy or just hearing a noise that i am very use to. But to my amaze ment i saw my neighbor cutting his lawn. Granted it is 54 deg right now and no snow but what the heck is this guy thinking. He must be really stir crazy. just thought I would pass this along.

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Not crazy at all I had a customer call wanting their lawn mowed, luckily my mower was not winterized yet.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

No snow in Buffalo in the middle of January is unheard of...June yes, January, no LOL

4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

By the way I live in Ohio too! Crazy weather its killing my snowplowing which I make at least $2000 a day.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Some lawns around here actually look like they need cutting.

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Same here in Erie PA. Some of the lawns we stopped cutting in Nov. look like they could use it.

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

yesterday it was 64 degrees here and right now its snowing

8. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

I was running around Wed and saw three people out mowing thier lawns. yesterday I saw two different LCO's running around St. Louis with all thier equipment on the trailers? Yes it has been warm around here but the ground is WAY to wet!

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Not for fall cleanups that you couldnt due in nov. due to snow. Plus you can still do gutters in this kind of nice weather :)

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't believe how green it is.