I thought it, this guy did it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shovelracer, Jun 15, 2008.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Years ago I had this idea that there was a market for this service. The idea sounded good, but never had time to really get a plan. I also would have offered light labor such as weeding and flower plantings. I guess the time has passed since I dont think my current clients would be having this. Sorry if its been done before, I found it when I was looking at another link here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iSlPYGFn1c

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

These things seem to pop up all the time, and OSHA is shutting them down as fast as they pop up.

3. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

well...its a cool idea..but i wouldn't want to send my company into that direction. Its a fast unprofessional way to be ridiculed by competitors and the uptight feminist public chanting "womanizer" thats the kind of PR i dont want.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I've learned it is best to stay under the radar lol
    be coo' man, be cool

A lot less problems that way.

5. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

just another get rich scheme.tis ones at least nice to watch.i think the girls are under dressed;however,i have had women workers and they worked as hard and got more customers just being dressed.not an advertising gimmick but most sales are made by women homeowners and they are comfortable when they deal with a woman and you know the men are like dogs in heat.

6. lawnjocky

lawnjocky LawnSite Member

Might be a little tricky working around ivy or sumac. :)

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Talk about a sexist attitude !!

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

but it's true for the most part.

I can't see it being a big seller if your dealing with 80 year old ladies that are already senile. It might even back-fire on you and you lose a customer.

9. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Actually my thoughts were more of the opposite of what that guy was doing. 98% of my dealings are with the women. Almost all are stay at home moms. When I started I was younger and a lot less hairy. Also being young and fresh in the game we would work shirtless in the summer. On many occasions I found the women who where maybe 30-35 at the time watching us. Now not so much. Back then I actually would get 5-10 women stop each summer and compliment us on our good looks, then watch some more and go on their way. Occasionally I would have a customer flirt and make somewhat unprofessional touches. Now I keep it professional and so do my customers, besides Im older and dont quite have that look anymore. My plan would have been to recruit chip and dales for light labor jobs.

10. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I wonder how many perverts actually request it? I can see it now, 2 fat guys in lawn chairs, drinking beer and hoping that someone will bend over, just what I would want my kids to see, "Its OK Cody, they are just selling their body's legally". I have more business than I can handle, I do things 110%, I am honest and always get back to my customers ASAP. I don't have strippers mowing lawns.