1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I thought this site was going to be fixed.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Runner, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What's the deal...I thought this site was going to be addressed and fixed so we could atleast read this thing productively.
    There is NO DOUBT that this smaller wording affects EVERYONE's ability to read to SOME certain capacity.
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Dam Joe whats the matter? Font size makes no difference in how fast you read, you might have to scroll to see the whole message but how much time are you talking about losing ? As your eyes get older you will appreciate not having to squint or wear the bifocals to participate. And that time will be here before you know it:)
    If your referring to something else sorry, but what I said still holds true :drinkup:
  3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I really don't see a problem with the font size I like it it's whole lot easier on the eyes as Mac stated and ya don't have to squint to read a post.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

you can change the size of the font in your browser if you want: go to View -> Text Size ->... Problem solved.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It is set on the largest.
    You see the size of the fonts in the message down below, that says "Search Engines are a powerful, low-cost way to attract customers.". Well, THAT's the size I'm used to reading, and that I am able to read. I just spent $400 on a monitor with the explicit purpose of buying one this big was for the amount of reading and writing back to help people on here. Plain and simple...I just can't look at this for more than 5-10 minutes at a time... I guess my eyes are just different than everyone else....But I am also sure that bigger and bolder is just flat out - easier to read. And it's not just the size as in height, it's the boldness, as well. I'm sorry,...but the old way was just much better.
  6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I think you want to go the opposite way and use a smaller font, I never noticed it being bolder or I should say I don't notice the differnce any more.
    I like the new style but to each his own.
  7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey Joe, have you tried adjusting the resolution of the monitor? The monitor I'm using right now in my real estate office I had to bump up because it was hard to read some stuff. My laptop was good to go right from the start, as well as another PC we have at home. Maybe take a look at that, I don't know what kind of knowledge you have on PC's so don't take my suggestion as brash or anything. Just never know how much each person knows about computers and adjustments.

8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

#1 - I am still working on getting changed - not everything happens at the drop of a hat

#2 - Your sight problems are the issue (which I am trying to accomodate)...in fact, the font size went from 10 to 10.5, but in doing so made it no longer possible for people to adjust the font to "largest"

#3 - next time you have a problem, contact me personally....
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Runner, did you go from a big box monitor to a flat screen LCD? They have different refresh rates which bothers some peoples eyes.eventually you will get used to it.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,..it is an LCD monitor, but it was fine up until about a week or so ago. I'm sorry...I don't mean to be a dick like that....I just get these headaches,...I'm TRYING to help people, I get frustrated because I get into an interesting thread, and then I can't even finish reading through it. It's like watching a good movie and having the dvd skip, or not be able to play, or something...
    And when I say I'm sorry,...I am appologizing to everyone....