I Told You So..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, May 13, 2003.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The largest common area that I cut ,has a pond thats about an acre in size. It had a natural barrior of weeds and tall grass around it. Last year,the maintenance corporation decided to clean all the weeds and grass up around the pond for the tune of $8000. I was offered the job, but it was too big for me. I pleaded with them not to do it, because it would invite geese into the pond and adjacent back yards. I told them to look at the ponds in the development next to theirs and they could see all the damage that was done. Well guess what, this year they had me erect a "goose line" fence around their pond. They wanted me to use "coated" rebar and OSHA caps. Each stake cost $4.75 (with caps). Materials alone for this cost almost $200. After completion, I went back a week later to find that vandels had thrown most of the stakes into the pond. I rebuilt it again , this time using cheap wooden stakes. A week later only 3 or 4 stakes had been pulled out. If they had listened to me from the start, they wouldn't have a goose problem or a vandel problem.