I used PAM today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PGA, May 3, 2006.

1. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

We got some heavy rain this morning so I took the time to scrape off my deck and put some fresh blades on.

I knew the grass was going to be wet so I decided to try PAM spray on the bottom of the deck. Ive heard some good things about it and thought I would give it a shot.

It worked great! The bottom of my deck stayed clean and there was less clumping with the wet grass.

If anyone hasnt tried it yet I HIGHLY reccomend it.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

does it attract gnats?

3. PGA

Not that I noticed but if it gets warm enough you can flip the mower and make a grilled cheese.

4. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

how much pam? whole can, half can. older machines newer machines. more details bro.

5. PGA

I used about a quarter of a can. Gave the whole bottom deck about 2 coats.

6. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

I also heard that if you spray it on your trimmer line after you re-spool, your line won't jam up as much when you go to bump tap to feed line. I haven't tried it yet.

7. Mowpower

Mowpower LawnSite Member

Was that the butter flavor or the regular?

8. PGA

Regular....

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeap it works great thats why I been telling ya'll that for two years on here. You don't even need PAM name brand, the $1 store brands work just as well. Also on he trimmer line I have never tried it as we use a shot of WD40 on that and have no welding issues.

10. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Well hot-dog! I was gonna order up some Mo-Deck this evening. Instead I'll pick up some non-stick spray at the local Safeway. Im back in business :waving: .

James