I wanna new backpack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by davidw221, Sep 6, 2004.

1. davidw221

davidw221 LawnSite Member

While blowing out leaves at my home the yesterday, I had my hand on the backpack straps, while I had a long stick picking twiggs out of my gutters, well I lost my balance and the backpack went for a dive. it broke the handle, and several other items on the backpack, and it was old, so its time to get a new one, the old one was a Lesco, well I am looking at a kaw or a Sthl, both are good, need a survey of you folks on which one to buy, the lesco, the dealer says hey no parts availible, so does the Kaw or the Stihl have a spare parts list if I happened to drop it off the roof? or maybe something worse.
    Please let me know.
  2. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

The Deere BP 50 is a 48 cc Kaw. The currently have a coupon in their magazine for $75 off. Making the price only 325. I have one and I like it, I'm sure its the same as other makes just yellow.
  3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

What magazine?
  4. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

Deere sends a quarterly magazine out called Yards Ahead. The coupon is in there. My dealer normally has a few copies laying around.
  5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a stihl br400 when i first started, stihl going strong.Pun intended.

No complaints, just not the power of the redmax.
  6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Good pun, except that it's pronounced "Steel."

English is a weird language, man. I thought it was "Still" too until I watched some videos on their website and heard their own people pronounce it.

Hell, even 'Steel going strong' sounds good though.
  7. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Next time use a hand held blower before you break your back stihl are pretty good but we run redmax 7000 7001
  8. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Got my bp50 for 249.95 at my local Deere dealer. Closeout. :drinkup:
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Echo 750 :)
  10. cgotro

cgotro LawnSite Member

Get a Redmax 7001 or the new 8000 and hang on dude !!!!!!! :cool2: