I want 2 learn

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawncare3, May 3, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking to buy a trailer sometime soon and am looking to buy a enclosed or open trailer. I need a 12x6 OR 7 i am just wondering if your stuff also grows legs and walks away with a enclosed trailer.

Any replys are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick Star

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what do you mean? Stuff gets stolen?

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes.

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I've never had anything stolen from my enclosed trailer.

Having said that a 7x12 is WAY to small and unless you never plan on growing buying a trailer that size will turn out to be a mistake.

Mark my words.

I had a 7x12 before my current 8x20 and it lasted me about 2 months.

5. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I agree about growing out of those small trailors fast.

I have open trailors, but it applies with both.

6. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Do you have trouble parking the 8x20' when doing residentials, or is it used mainly for commercial accounts.

I am thinking about trying to find a place to park in some of these neighborhoods... and a 12' enclosed (like what I was originally looking at) trailer behind a pickup is going to take a lot of getting used to. Actually, might have to replan how I get in and out of several places all together.

Cole

7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Auroris- you will find a way to drive and park any trailer. I have a 24' enclosed and while it sucks in some areas, I have found that I can fit it almost anywhere I could fit my 16' open. By the way a 12' is way to small if you EVER and I mean EVER plan to grow. Go with a 16' at minimum.

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

No problems parking my 8x20. Of course you can't just whip a u-turn like you can with a 16', but then again you can put as much stuff on a 16' either.