I want a Featherlite

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Jun 28, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I cannot find another company out there that will math their build quality. Its too bad the nearest dealer is 90 miles from my house. I think I will take a drive up there this weekend. Anyone out there use their trailers? I see very few on the roads, its mostly junk out there. I am looking at a compact size 6.7x12 or 6.7x14 tandem axle V Nose as well. I'm gonna finish off the inside and get some Line-X or Rhino Lining sprayed on the floor, should be sweet.

2. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

I just bought a 7x14 and ran into alot of poor quality trailers. Haulmark was not bad but I ended up with a Interstate and so far it seems to be of the quality they preach. Might want to take a look ifthey are around you.

http://www.interstatecargo.com/

3. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Featherlite for the race cars, but everything else is Wells Cargo. Double what Wells asks,m and that is what Featherlite gets. Great trailers, no doubt, but you have to ask at what price and what will get your job done better for less. I would noty buy anything but Wells, or Featherlite.

4. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I was at a commercial equipment show a few years ago and seeing some very nice trailers. Not positive about the name but I think it was Alume. They were all built with aluminum frames, nothing to rust. They were very lightweight, looked durable, and I think they were fairly expensive, probably less than featherlight though.

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey South Florida Lawns, I just bought an Aluma 6.5x12 last week and love it. I had to drive up to Ocala to get it from Triple Crown. Yes, that's Triple Crown the manufacturer of most of the trailers you see on the road her in central FL. They are now distributing and selling Aluma trailers www.alumaklm.com. I Pd $2620 including tax and think that it's worth it. The only thing that isn't aluminum is the ball hitch, the tires and the pins that hold up the tailgate (they're Stainless!). I'm up here in Spring Hill if you'd like to look at it for comparison purposes. Get in touch.

6. tnturbo

tnturbo LawnSite Member

Unless you just have to have the light weight, I would look at a Wells Cargo. Use the money you save to upgrade the insides to what you want