I want a greenhouse

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by John Deere, Mar 17, 2001.

1. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

Never thought it would be so hard to find a greenhouse. I checked with A.M Leaonard and they have some, but are pretty pricey. Does anyone have any info on where I can order one? Thanks!

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck. Sometimes I see used ones advertised, just dismantle and remove and its yours.

My brother had to travel to Belgium two years ago to order a greenhouse direct from the manufacturer.

3. kountryscape

kountryscape LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Ok try some of these:

stuppy in kansas city nice houses i have one and love it.
    mid american growers chicago ill.
    get back to me and i can find almost any thing you want , i get so many trade mags. in the mail its not funny.

key thing to remember big isn't all that go with a 14' x 96'
    with a 8 to 10' center height

look into radiant floor heat its what im going to next year lp prices are why to high .

let me know if you have any other ?

jarrett morgan
    countryscape
    the outdoor contractor

4. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

It would help if you described the style and intended use. The pipe type ones are pretty common, and we have them made custom quite regularly. They also ship easily.

5. John Deere

Hey Kounrtyscape, thanks! That's just what I was looking for. Actually I called stuppy's earlier this year for a catalog and they never sent me one. What can I expect ot pay for one that's 14 X 36' or 48'. I don't need one that's 96', I don't have the room for it. I definently want one that's 8-10'ft. high. Also, how about a house out of PVC pipe. Ever hear anything about something like that?

6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

7. John Deere

I checked that out last night and just to get a quote is will cost me $10.00. I can't say I believe in having to pay to just get the price on something. I have checked out a couple of other sites as well. So far I think Stuppy's is basically what I've been looking for. Tell me if I'm wrong about having to pay for a quote from that link you gave me. Thanks again.

8. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

JD
    Check out Rimol Greenhouse Systems, Inc
    The lowest price for 22x48 is $1280.00, this is last years book.
    Good luck
    Dennis

9. jkinchla

jkinchla LawnSite Member
    from MA

Definitely don't pay for a quote. Go to http://www.gmpro.com they will have many advertising links to greenhouse manufacturers.

10. jkinchla

jkinchla LawnSite Member
    from MA

Whoops, that site is actually http://www.greenbeam.com Itis the web site for GMPRO magazine (greenhouse industry trade mag.). Sorry about that.