I want a new lawn for free!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kickin sum grass, Jul 2, 2003.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

this lady want me to reseed her lawn for free. We just seeded it in april cuz they didn't water last year and it fried the entire thing.
    Now it is truning brown in patches and they said I didn't seed it right or it wouldn't have turned brown. Keep in mind it came in great and has looked good all spring until last week. I went out to the site. Dry as a bone, no water, full sun. I told the lady it is going dorment cuz of no water and she goes off on me. Yellin and screaming the I have no clue as to what I am doing. I told her to find someone else cuz I don't need the ****. This is after a half hour trying to calm her down and educate her on the importance of watering.

Here are some pics:

dry patch.jpg

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

another of the soil:

dry dirt.jpg

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Cut her loose and don't look back. Some people are to stupid to make happy.

4. I agree with hoss.

Also add to your contract for seeding, they must water and you cannot guarantee seed if proper steps are not fallowed, and make sure you include them with watering frequencies, and amounts.

I will guarantee it all day long while including this in their contract.

BTW that soil looks drier than if it was sitting on concrete.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just sock the water to this. If you're lucky, (or I should say - if THEY're lucky), it will come right back. New grass like this is tender, though. So common, people will say. "O.k., we have grass now. We can just let it go." :rolleyes:

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

do not reseed. do not go back to her home. do not return her phone calls

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

One of the reasons I do not do spring seedings.

8. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

I would not go back, forget her.

9. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

That makes me so mad when those people are so ignorant and stubborn that they won't even let you explain to them why their grass is dead.:blob2:

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Some customers you can educate and others think they know it all. If she chooses to not water her lawn then reseeding will not do a damn thing. I would walk away and not look back on this one. You won't be able to please customers like that.