i want a price quote on a Metro® Commercial 26

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by stevens lawn, Jul 19, 2006.

1. stevens lawn

stevens lawn LawnSite Member

i want a price quote on a Metro® Commercial 26

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Thanks for your interest in the Metro 26. The list price for the unit is $1489.
    http://exmark.com/metro26.htm
    Brian

3. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Do not get this mower!!!! I bought one in the beginning of the season many problems. I don't know what Exmark was doing when they said where fixing the bugs. First ten lawns I mowed the drive belt that runs the blades breaks. It seemed about every ten lawns the belt would break. Also it left a strip of cut grass on the left side of the machine many complaints from customers.

4. eXmark

TheLawnBarber,

I would like to have you get in contact with me. I got involved in the Metro 26 from the service side.

The first year of this machine was very painful to say the least. We did however make rework kits on those first year machine.

All the updates went on 06 products. I have had a hand full of units that was breaking belt like yours. We have seen some bad idler arm alignment causing issues along with the belt.

Please give me your dealer and serial number of your machine.

Fred Fugett
    Customer Service Representitive
    402-223-6270
    fred.fugett@exmark.com

5. horticulturedawg

horticulturedawg LawnSite Member

dude, stay away.....bad mower..waste of money...I have one, it is junk..my dealer does nothing...nobody cares....GREEDY exmark. I got so screwed on this machine, I feel violated. I bet I have lost more money in down time and waiting for my super slow no service dealer to fix this machine over and over and over and over and over and over I have had it!!! Ball is in your court..what are you gonna do?

6. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark. You guys already bought mine back I guess. My dealer is Woodys Outdoor Power in Caldwell Idaho. I've heard their where a few 05's mixed up in the 06's I was very ticked. Is this true?

7. horticulturedawg

horticulturedawg LawnSite Member

Didn't think you were going to do anything. Thanks for nothing.

8. eXmark

horticulturedawg,

Please contact me directly, I will do everything I can to help you.
    Here is my direct line 402-223-6270 and email fred.fugett@exmark.com

9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have heard lots of bad about the metro 26, but come on fellows, give this guy Fred here a call and see what he has to say. He has posted his direct phone number and email. I will give a company a chance to see what they will do. Sometimes the "right" person makes a difference!

10. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

We didn't recieve any 05 models. They stopped shipping before we would have recieved them.

We have sold about 12 of them this season. Only 1 had a problem and it turns out it was one that was not updated and it slipped through the cracks somehow. We picked the unit up and installed the updates which was covered by warranty obviously. Haven't had any problems otherwise.

It's bad when a new product hits the streets and has as many problems as it did, but you can't label it as a bad product for ever. If some of you only knew of some of the products out there and the trouble they had......only you were lucky enough to get one without a problem.......haha.

The 26's are ok. Trust me. If they were, i wouldn't sell them because I have enough headaches.......hahahaha.