I want more MONEY!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

O.K. this is one of my customer yards .(sod) It's 90' x45" thats the complete yard in the picture. No back yard. All landscaped in stone. He wants it cut with 21" mowers.I bag it every week . Very picky old man too, 89 years old...Anyway i charge 45 for the job , it takes me 30 minutes. We use a 48'' mower every were else except him! so since he will not let me use a 48'' mower on his lawn , I want more money! With a 48'', It would take me 20 minutes or less, and you know, time is money.I want to raise him to 55. Do you think it would be to much???

2. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

$45 for 30 min. isn't bad, depending on where you put the grass. I would NEVER use a push mower or take on a bagging account.

3. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I would give him the option of letting you use the 48" or paying more for the 21" cut. I am hoping that you are leaving the clippings there and not hauling them away at our expense????? Let us know how it turns out.

Scott

4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would consider you lucky if your market allows for the $45 price. That job here would get about $15 - $18. It would seem that your ahead of the game at this point.

5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

In my market here there is noway im getting $45 for 30 min of work its more like $45 to $50 for a hr here but then again i wouldnt take on a lawn that i would have to push mow the whole thing... that type of work is for little johnny down the street. Iam getting to damn old to push mow anything except small islands of grass in the parking lots ect

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I guess it really depends on your market, but I would think $55 would be fine if that fall into your hourly rate. Just sell him on quality, I don't think many LCOs will touch that yard w/ a push mower.

7. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

Here in Eastern Pa. $45 for 30 minutes is great in anyone's book. That's $90/hour. For someone (according to his profile) who started up in 2002, that kind of money is terrific. Not to beat around the bush, but either this LCO is out of touch with pricing in NJ or we're trolling for dollars.:rolleyes:

8. Ol'time Lawncare

from NJ

You see the picture were the woods line is ,in the back i dump all the grass clippings

9. Ol'time Lawncare

from NJ

the reason i'm charging so much is because i have to do the work with a 21" mower, witch sucks ! I would love to let the account go. i started with him in 2002 and never raised his price.

10. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him that a 21 inch puts out as much emmission per hour as a larger mower, and that you cannot in good conscience polute the environment unnecessarily. Tell him his grandkids need a cleaner world. (yes, I actually tell my difficult customers that I have the same thing)