1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I want my lawn cut for 10 bucks

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Desoto_Lawn_Care, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Desoto_Lawn_Care

Desoto_Lawn_Care LawnSite Member
    from FL

I was doing some prospecting in my own neighborhood today, handing out flyers and stuff and I ran into a guy with an overgrown lawn cleaning his garage. I introduced myself and handed him a flyer. He asked me what my rates are and after I told him, he said "I'm looking for something a little cheaper, like 10 or 15 bucks a week tops." I told him my rates are competitive and that he would have a hard time even finding a kid to do it for 10 bucks with just a pushmower and nothing else; no trimming, edging, hedging, blowing, etc. He said he wants to continue shopping around so I promptly thanked him for his time and headed across the street and met yet another el cheapo that wanted just a one-time cutting for under 20 bucks. So-long sucka :waving:
  2. BLKSS

BLKSS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

yea youll get those sometimes, but once the city tag's them & charges them 100 bucks after they do a half ass job, theyll come crawling back.
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL yea I'm looking for a NEW truck,,,, ya know maybe a FORD 350 duely

but I want to pay 700.00 total and it needs to be a 2008 model
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Sir I will PAY you 20.00 and let you use my 21" push mower. I will just stand over here in the shade and watch. When you are done you might then have a clue what my service is worth and why I charge what I do. People do not get it, lawn service is a LUXURY. Keep pounding the pavement and advertising , you will get customers. All the wannabe start-ups are dropping like flies now.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
    ericg likes this.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You have to say "free grass cuts tomorrow... "

No, but really, "Thank you for your time" works very well.
  6. Your Lawn First

Your Lawn First LawnSite Member

sounds to me your in the wrong area of town to be cutting grass
  7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's nice to want things huh?!:rolleyes:
  8. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I have done jobs and made money and i have done jobs where I have lost money. All I have to say about this is "screw the jobs where you lose money". i like what bohiaa's qoute says. I they cant afford you, then you dont need the work.
  9. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

10 bucks, omfg! Good job handling that..... I had something like that happened on a cleanout, only after the work was done. I learned a valuable lesson that day.....lol.
  10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Heck, if I could find someone to do my yard for that much, I would have to let them do it!:laugh: