i want revenge on this client

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by environment, Apr 27, 2004.

1. environment

environment LawnSite Member

i would never do anything that would risk my companies appearance but i would love to get this lady

i spend countless times meeting with this lady to discuss her maintenance and go over prices and so forth

so finally she calls me and says go ahead

now this is partially my fault because i make everyone sign a contract before i begin but this time i made an exception and we began her maintenance

for three weeks we have been maintaining her lawn, and since i have only been in business for 2 months i have been truly giving every house the best service i could, and her home was no exception, so, i tried calling her countless times to fax the contract and have her sign but she wasnt returning my calls, i got her husband at work and he said keep doing the lawn it looks incredible, she will sign, she has been busy

so last week when we where finishing the maintenace she came home and acted very suprised to see me, stating that she told me not to do the maintenance that my prices where astronomically high, and she had someone else doing the maintenace all along

now that is total garbage because each week when we came the lawn was high, and noboy else was maintaining it but us

she just got a better price and doesnt want to pay

she has fully refused to pay for my services and stated that we never had her or her husbands permission to work there

i of course argued but there just playing dumb

how should i handle this

just chalk it up to a learning experience, or is there a way to actually get the money im owed

2. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Egging the house always works for me.

3. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Paintballing it works much better....

4. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Talk to the husband again. If you still have no luck, salt the yard one evening.

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Egging and paintballing? Then Saran wrapping her cars with shaving cream under the saran wrap. The Shaving cream writes nice messages in the concrete that requires the homeowner to bleach the whole sidewalk to get it out:)

Just kidding. Depending on what state you are in a verbal agreement can be as legal as a written one. Check with the local law and then explain to her that her husband gave permission for the work to be done, and that you will be filing a lawsuit shortly.

6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

You do have the legal edge as she gave you the go ahead and for three weeks didnt cancel. Small claims court. Let the judge ask her why three services were performed and she now dosent want to pay.

7. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

go to the court house and put a lean on her home! this works everytime. you may not get your money but she can not sell her home until the lean is satisfied. and most people freak when you have ties to there property.

8. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I can' t stand seeing replies like 'Egging' , 'paintballing', 'round balloons' etc., etc. ... how immature and unprofessional could that possibly be? Giving advise to commit criminal vandalism is NOT welcome on LawnSite.com. Grow UP!!!

9. environment

environment LawnSite Member

i like the last one

a friend of mine told me to throw gasoline on her lawn, i almost considered

10. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

What town in Morris County is the account in? I also work in Morris and don't want a phone call from that *****. Go the legal route and watch how fast she writes that check. Good luck