I want some Brick Paver Inforamation

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Supper Grassy, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I want some information about paver installs (Patios and retaining wall) and also hardscaping in general

How to Price
    How to complete the install
    Manufacturers

any threads that will help?

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

find a local supplier and I am sure they can help you. Do you have any more specific questions because that seems way to general have you searched? start there.

3. Supper Grassy

Let me say i do not do any hardscape installs but i may venture in to that and i want some knowldge before i decide if i want to or not.

Patriot
    can you explain how a retaining wall is installed or how you lay walkway/patio of paver?

I am going to search right now

4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Super Grassy, what part of NJ are you in? There are many hardscaping dealers throughout the state that can be of great assistance. We also have some great manufacturers representatives that should be able to help.

You want to look into both the ICPI and NCMA organizations. These organizations set the standards for paver and retaining wall installations and offer training in their respective fields.

Kirk

5. Supper Grassy

DTD i am in Burlington County

do i need to be a hardscaping contractor to go to the training? the reason i ask is i want to go see if this is something that i am intrested in before got ahead and do

6. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

SG, no you don't have to for ICPI, but they prefer you do for the ICPI certification, but I have worked with many installers that had the certification and had never installed a paver. Many of the paver dealers also offer installation classes. They are geared to homeowners, but the system is the same, no matter who does the installation. If you are interested in hardscaping, get in touch with me and I can steer you in the right direction.

Paver and retaining wall installations are systems. They have very specific installation methods that have been engineered and tested by most of the larger paver and wall manufacturers. One of the important ways to be successful and make money installing pavers is efficiency. You need the right tools, the crew needs to be all on the same page and very importantly, using the correct product for the application.

Kirk