I want someone to tell me where to go.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by David Hartzog, Apr 7, 2007.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I am currently running Quicken (which is what i started with) for income and expense. i run groundskeeper pro for schedualing, customer info, payroll record, routes and billing.

BUT, i want a program that i can put everything on. i don;t want to have to work out witholding tax on my employees AND i want a GPS system that will move missed accounts to the top and automatically tell me that it has been x number of days since i have been there and by the way so and so is next door and they need done too. i want to be able to keep this on the dash of my truck so that i can push a button like a small computer and i just transfer the info to my desktop with a jump key so that my paperwork dosnt get lost in my truck or on my wife;s desk for a week. that way i can write who i did, when, and how much i sprayed

AND i want to be able to clock my employees in and out right there in the truck

so...i want GPS, full employee timeclock/payroll, schedual, billing, spray treatment data, payment info, oh,,,,and WEATHER info. all paperless and with a little key that i can trasfer from the truck to the desk everynight or so. i know they make this stuff...tell me what is the best you have seen?

AND why dont they make a calculator to figure work hour time x pay = gross - withholdings. they have one to convert feet and inches and areas and stuff. i have one of those. i want someone to build one. here i am giving out my ideas of course!

HELP!!!!

ps if you do invent this i'll take 25% total revenue for 3 years. Thank you.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Hell yeah lol I want one of those systems too!

Interactive voice-recognition software, and mind reading ability would be nice.

3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I think someone is trying to start something.

Tim

4. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

NO, i'm not joking. i'm bi-polar not stupid. my dad made a calculator for ti once in 1960 somthing and well it;s stuck in the patton office because there was a diffrent one they used, but what i'm getting at is that this is NOT that far out why can't some braniac build a computer that can do this stuff. i'd buy it and i bet all of you would too!
    Anyone up for it, let me know and i;ll give you all the details!

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry man, I'm on your side but I've been dreaming about this exact thing for many years, then I stick to pen and paper, heck with it... GPS is $400, a nice Rand McNally book map is $40. For weather lookups, I do that for free :)
    http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/RadarImg/latest_Small.gif

System like yours, probably 10 - 20 thousand, maybe 50k or more, idk...
    Some stores here have systems and software like this, but they're all big national corporations (applebees, home depot, etc) and it's all custom made, just for those specific stores.
    The hardware wouldn't be too bad, maybe a few thousand, but the software is a killer.
    I suppose if they could finagle it out for 4-5k I'd pay for it.

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems to me that CLIP has most of this in Modules. Like TOPSITES says its not cheap and unless you get into their new partner program their interface is not the best in the world either.

But they do have tracking, they have GPS, time clock via thumb reader, and modules for contecting to the truck via web or cell phone, or handheld device. They also have bar code driven tracking. The weather, I get online for nothing also, and on my cell phone via web. My CB radio also has weather channel via the government.

Tim

7. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

i looked at Clip a few years ago. maybe i'll go back and look at it again. thanks. really, i would pay 4-5k for something if i knew it would save me that much in a year give or take.

8. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Go to paycheckcity.com and they have that calculator. even for all wages and states.

9. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I think you need "Kit" from NightRider. He could probably manage all of those task for you and get you some lemonade while you were waiting.

10. Bearsfield

Bearsfield LawnSite Member

David, I'm going to look into creating this for you. But I need details. Please email me as much info that you can possibly thing of. I'll review it and go from there. Bearsfield