I want to buy this mower, what is it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DynaMow, Jul 5, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

Hey saw these mowers today, Is that Toro a residential unit or commercial? In good shape can get Toro for $1000, Walker for $1500.

100_1305.jpg

2. DynaMow

second pic

100_1307.jpg

3. DynaMow

time cutter seems like residential

100_1306.jpg

4. DynaMow

the Walker

what di u think? Would you buy them?

100_1304.jpg

5. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

I can't speak for the Walker but the Toro is definitely a home owner model. The Time Cutter is the Toro version of the Cub Cadet RZT. You can find these at the Big Box Stores. You can also find it badged as a New Holland. I know the New Holland goes new for $2499. I hope this helps.

6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the walker!!! The timecutter is a residential ztr by almost all standards and doesn't look like she'll go much longer. My uncle bought one 2 years ago to mow about 10 acres a week and right now it's on it's last leg- after decent care. HAven't personally owned either, but from what i've heard--- go walker.

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

snatch up that walker the time cutter is a pos.

8. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

They both look pretty well used, if not abused. I, personally, would not pay $1,000 for any homeowner model in that kind of shape. New ones just aren't that expensive.

The Walker might have some life left in it, but I would imagine repairs could get mighty expensive. How many hours does the machine have on it?

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I'd pass on both of them, there well pass there prime. In fact they look like there pass the point of selling. Good parts mower, at least the Walker

10. DAVEY PROS

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

If you don't want the Walker, I'll drive up to Ohio and buy it myself. That is a F*cking awesome deal! Walkers run forever. Some new parts and some spraypaint and you're fine for a long time:)