I want to learn!!!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by miketina, Dec 27, 2006.

1. miketina

miketina LawnSite Member

I really want to learn to hardscape. Particularly patio installs and landscape walls. I have found many books on the subject but would like to find some instructional video but cant seem to find any.
    Does anyone know where I could locate these videos or dvds.
    Thanks

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

If you have a unilock dealer in your area they should have videos on how to install. Not sure how much experience you do have now, if none, you may be best to work for a hardscape co. for a year or so and move on from there. Its not as simple as watching video's or reading books, or even taking courses like icpi. {mind you they all help to a certain degree} You need hands on experience and lots of it.

zed

3. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Goto MAHTS and take some hands on courses.

4. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

any dealer will have instructional DVDs of the products they carry. your best bet is to work with experienced people first and get hands on knowledge. I have sold wall jobs and brought in outside people to do the wall with the stipulation that I be allowed to work with them throughout the duration of the job. there are too many poorly built walls, done by inexperienced contractors out there, don't be one of them.

5. Matt k

Matt k LawnSite Member

pavetech.com