i want to start my own biz...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dee1, Dec 9, 2005.

1. dee1

dee1 LawnSite Member

i want to start my own business in landscaping,but i have no clue on what to charge for...or how to charge..can somebody help me out and send me a list of rates for everything?thank you...:cool2:
  2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Before you decide to "start a biz" you should probably do a little more research in the area that you will be handling lawn care. Rates are different everywhere...
  3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

have to agree with CWLawley. There are a couple of things that you could do: I would start by doing a search on this site for pricing in your area. If you know anyone that is having lawn care done now ask them what they pay. Prices do vary a lot from area to area. Do you know what services you are planning on providing for your customers? I notice that you are new to the board, so welcome. You can learn a lot of useful info.on here, but you are gonna have to search for it. Good Luck!
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Or do Like I DID Jsut go for it and eat a LOT OF CROW........

No dont do that you will hate yourself and me too
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Well even if you plan and do things right you will still eat some crow from time to time. It is a part of being in business and if your in business long enough not everyday will be sunny and bright. However, it is nicer to have the crow as an appetizer or after dinner mint than you main course. I wouldn't want to jump right in and make a meal of it.lol
  6. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

The first thing you need to do and that is with any business is to write your business plan and meet with your attorney with the plan.. Then you need to find out how saturated your area is with lawn & Landscape companies (and don't just look in the phone book lots of companies don't advertise) to see if your area is need of one. Oh and by the way you will be eating crow for sometime. All your money will be used to getting your business stared.
  7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Me thinks you have been had by an imposter...
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You sure havn't told us much along the lines of what equipment you have/are planning to get or what services you are going to/want to provide.
  9. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Read. Take classes. Do a lot of market research. Unfortunately there's a lot more to 'starting a biz' than jumping in the truck and heading to the site. I've got a couple of books regarding your own landscaping co. let me know if you're interested I'll PM you the names. They're too far away to go and get right now :)
  10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You can't PM yet. I tried to PM you and said it won't work. i don't think you have enough posts yet to enable it, i believe you need at least 25-30. I would like to know the names of those books if you don't mind posting them or PMing the to me! Thanks