I was a "SCRUB" today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fine Lines Lawn, May 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

:jester:

None of the help wanted to work today, so I went out on my own, just like the good ol' days. Of course, I wasn't as fast as usual, but the 7 lawns looked great, and I had fun. Sure wasn't like those 30 lawn days.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i dont think youre classified as a scrub if you work by yourself. as long as you have a professional image, and price fair you arent a scrub.

3. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

[​IMG]

I work alone most of the time. AM I A SCRUB????:dizzy:

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

there are two more things that I would add to this
    1. RUN A LIGIT BUSINESS AND PAY TAXES
    2. HAVE INSURANCE

5. is there an age limit or something for being a scrub? can you be too young? i mean i am 19 now. i pay taxes. however as we all know there is cash that never gets reported. i have insurance for what i do. i pay my guy on the books, and with cash as well, a mix. i price my jobs fairly, sometimes low, and other times high. if you even them out i come out in the middle. um... my rig isnt that good looking for right now. but i am workin on it. yes i do use a trailer though. 16' parker towed with a f150 that now has 104,000 on it. i gotta get a dump truck for the tree work though. so am i a scrub?

6. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Alot of times the big crews are the scrubs that leave unweedeated areas, missed edging??? Just a thought, well not actually I saw it the other day.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

After you make that $150,000 this season you mentioned in the other thread, you can buy all new stuff. You will need to buy a lot of new equipment for a tax right off. :)

8. oh yeah, no i do not have uniforms, lettering on my truck or anything. just business cards. i advertise in no way shape or form other than word of mouth. and just being out there.

9. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

don't think i would admit on a website that i worked for cash and payed my help cash

10. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

lawnboy too much information your giving......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.