1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I was found worthy...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Jul 24, 2008.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Here's yet another truck thread. The bank said yes but only for 3 years and I wanted 5 years. I keep going back and forth on the pros and cons about the truck. I don't want to get to extreme but it is a tool that would help the business. I also want to trade in my Kodiak contractor truck because it is to small for hauling material, the dealer isn't to excited about taking it.

quad 005 (Medium).jpg

52208 002 (Medium).jpg

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

thts a nice rig!

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Give some specifics on the truck.....motor, gearing, miles, yada-yada. What I can see that would be a preference for me instead of a swing gate is a high lift...That can be modified to high-lift for about $3k. Is it plumbed to the rear for air and electric? Have you done an inspection of it yet? Does it hold air and if so, how long before it drops? It would be quite a step up from the Kodiak that's for sure.....asking price? My, I am just full of questions... :)

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Pete's are sexy looking trucks, but only in bright vibrant colours!

5. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a nice looking truck. Do you think a quad would be worth the extra size and cost of a tri-axle or even a tandem? I'm sure you know what's best for you, I've just known a couple of companies who have regretted getting a quad over a tri-axle. They strictly haul for hire and probably and I doubt got enough if any more money per hour.

6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

very nice looking Pete...you can't go wrong, you might even want to go older then that...we have an '88 that still runs strong

and ours is bright orange

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Posting in my best Gravel Rat voice

Ah we do not like Petes up here they just do not have enough bathrooms in them.We prefer our Louisville with 2 baths.
    The color is all wrong and will more than likely lower the overall gvwr so any trucker worth his salt would stay away from it.
    Those fatty tires on the front will cause excessive wear on the front end and we all know those Peter parts are expensive.
    Well that is unless you buy them from Paul Peter's brother.
    We all use quad axles with the high dump beds with twin scissor lifts and automated canutor valve tarp actuation.
    That is the only way too go right?

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You forgot to add....sh*t, I wish we could run trucks like that here in Canada!

9. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Very funny! You also forgot to add something about a certain percent grade going downhill and braking power.... :)

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Lets not for get that " You'll spend 8 thousand Candollars shodding that truck with the 295 24.5 floats and those 22.5 drops and 24.5 drives, they need to be loggin tires to make these 10% grades.":laugh:

Great looking truck.

That is some step up. Will your 70XT dump into it? It certainly is a lot of truck, but like you said gotta have it. Cant be in the dirt business with a 5 yard Kodiak for long. Give us the specs.:cool2: