i was looking at some scag mowers today...how good are they??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 13, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

im looking to buy a zeroturn rider. i dont which one i want whether it be a toro, scag, exmark, ferris, john deere, dixie chopper, graveley??? can anyone help me with suggestions on which mower would be better?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

get a scag turf tiger with a 61'' deck and a 29hp dfi kaw. it will be the best mower you ever buy!

3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

For deck size it depends on your properties size. I will be demoing scag and cub commercial in the spring. From what I have seen/heard you cant go wrong with a scag.

4. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I have a super z hustler and love it. I live in your area and it performs well.

5. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

I've used Scag equipment since the early 90's. Built like tanks, still use the first one I purchased, a 32" belt drive. All the new mowers are very good, go with the dealer who will support you the best and you should be very happy.....good luck in your decision

6. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Scag Wildcat, 26hp LC 52" last year. Good cut and cannot bog it down. Would definetly do it again.

7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Good advice from Outlaw. I've used Scag walk behinds since about 1997. The Scags are built like tanks, my 48" is on its third motor and second transmission, it still goes out every day and is a great machine. My 36" I bought in 1998, it goes out every day and is still on its original motor and transmission. My Ferris walk behinds have been good machines, but have not held up as well as the Scag.

8. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

put it this way look at a tank and thats the scags sis

9. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the ad says Scag simply the best!!!!!!!! Used Deere and Exmark and the Scags are where its at. BULLETPROOF! Oh and did I mention? Go with the Scag.

10. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Scags are very well built Machines,i would demo to see which one you like with the best dealer support ,Good Luck