I was robbed!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grateful11, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

I went to get my stuff together this evening to do a clean up for a new customer. I had about everything loaded when I went to get my hand held blower and couldn't find it. I knew I had set it down beside my chainsaws, wait a minute where's the chainsaws? Someone got my cheapy Weedeater blower and my Husky 55, Husky 371XP and my old Stihl 028WB chainsaws. Luckily they skipped my T27 Shin. trimmer. I now know what it feels like to be ripped off and I don't like it. With a $500 deductible I guess something's not going to get replaced. I found the serial #'s for the Husky stuff and I'm going to turn them in to the deputy that's investigating it. I figure they got about $1350 worth in replacement value. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper and I had to reschedule a new customer and don't like to do that. Not a good start for the weekend.
    Grateful

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I'm sorry to hear this. I knew it would never happen to me, but it did. Mine was locked up too. :(

It can happen to anyone and probably will sooner or later.

3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure sorry to hear that. You've lost some of the tools you need to earn a honest living and some crack-head got high for 5 minutes. At least you will be able to replace most of what you lost and maybe they'll find whoever ripped you off. If not maybe he'll overdose and the world will be a better place.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Like Eric said it can happen even if your stuff is locked up. If someone wants what you have, bad enough, they will find a way to take it. I know this probally does not help, but I truly feel for you. I think my deductable is $250.00. Even at that, is it worth reporting to your ins. company? Hey, don't beat yourself up over this. Hopefully whoever took your stuff, gets caught. Good luck.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

that sucks ....sorry to hear that .....lock's only keep honest people honest

6. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Man I HATE thiefs, if someone really wants something bad enough why can't they just go ahead and ask? 9 times out of 10 people will try to help someone if they really need something. I am sorry to hear this and can unfortinately say I know how it feels. But dont feel like the Lone Ranger, I had a friend that came out from eating lunch only to discover his whole trailer was disconnected from his truck and gone! Remember no matter how bad you've got it someone allways has it worse. I hope the insurance pans out for you, good luck!

7. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

I am sorry for your loss. Hope they catch the creep.

8. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

That sucks, with any luck they may cut off a limb with the stolen goods. Watch out though if that happens they will probably bring legal action against you for allowing them to steal the equip.

If they want something bad enough they will get it.

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I WONT GET STARTED ON THIEVES AGAIN.
    Mabe we catch one someday.Sorry bud.

10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I have been Robbed 4 times in 6 years. Luckily, State Farm has paid all claims at replacement costs. My rates have not increased, but the anger each time ages me a year or so. We now use super lawn trucks, but they are open while we are at multiple properties. I wonder how long til we are robbed again. The cops just file a report w/ the pawn shops, no one will investigate your case unless you push it. None of our stuff was ever recovered, regardless of engravings of our business name or phone #. Sorry this happened to you. Dave g