1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i was thinkin.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lugnut#6, Sep 3, 2003.

1. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

i bought an azalea at lowes the other day and it had a patent # on the pot.

now that got me thinkin.....wouldnt GOD be the original patent holder on that?

when he created the world do ya think he patented the earth?
    if not,maybe i should.

make everyone pay me for using it :)

just a thought:p
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

maybe it's a patent for the pot only?
  3. lugnut#6

nah it was an encore azalea...it blooms in the fall also
  4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

then it's a patent on the hybrid

Only they can grow it
  5. lugnut#6

i figured that.....this was mainly an attempt to be funny:D

im really bored this morning...sittin hear drinking my coffee tryin to shake out the cobwebs
  6. lugnut#6

glan have yall been watchin that hurricane?
    they say it may travel up to yalls neck of the woods.new england ,upper east coast area.
  7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

we haven't been hist since Gloria in 86 I think.

We will be ready. Plenty of chains, saws extra gas cans and a generator to run a couple circuits in the house.......Would realy like a real back up generator that starts as soon as the power goes out.....

Bad thing is, only place I can put it is on the other side of the house opposite of where the fuse box is, but that is where the gas is...........:p
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

"Every once in a while, there is a new introduction of real horticultural significance which enhances landscaping potential considerably. A new hybridized selection of Azaleas was recently intoduced that are true, reliable Autumn bloomers (in addition to spring). Discovered by Robert E. Lee (yes that's correct) of Independence, LA., and trial tested by Flowerwood Nurseries of Loxley, AL, this new hybrid is a proven winner that extends the blooming season of Azaleas beyond the relatively short spring period. Called the "Autumn Series", they bloom on new wood, not previous years wood, therefore will produce a new full flush of bloom in late summer or early fall in addition to spring. There are now 13 different hybrids (ranging from pink to orange-red to purple) introduced, tested, and available in the nursery trade. These are pictured and described below: More "Encore" varieties are expected to be introduced as experimentation and trials continue. All "Encore Azaleas" are patent protected. "

Quote from this site
  9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Thanks Gopher

As the site tells us they will bloom in Spring and Fall. Now I am just wondering as to the trimming requirements. Specificaly if fall trimming after the bloom affects the spring flower? I don't see there would be a problem trimming after the spring flower, as the article says it blooms in new wood.

If they are true "new wood" bloomers then there is no problem. I'll have to talk with my nursery people about this. Interesting possibilities that need exploring.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

glan have helped put in a few generators that come on when the power goes off they are great cost $6 to 8 grand as for your gas on the other side of the house just run it to where u want the generator