I Was Told Hustler Is Testing 34 Hp Kawie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Sep 1, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Sign me up for a 72 come spring if it all tests out ok !

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Liquid cooled I'm assuming?

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Where'd you hear that? Dealer tell you? I assume its a horizontal shaft.

4. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

No Kawasaki has got a new monster vertical shaft air cooled motor coming out and Hustler is testing it in a super Z.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

PLEASE tell me this is true and not just some rumor. I sent PJ a thread in the Hustler forum a couple weeks ago on this very topic. He had no idea if Hustler was doing anything with it.

Yes, it is a 999cc vertical shaft, air-cooled, carburated engine. The only real drawback with Hustler is lack of 30+ hp engines. If this big Kawasaki gets the nod, I WILL get at least a 66" if not the 72".:dancing:

6. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

You should buy a Z2 or a Cub tank.

7. lawnspecialties

I had an M60 Tank back in 2000 and kept it three years. Besides the fact both front spindles broke off (at different times), it was a very nice cutting machine. One of the nicest cuts I've ever seen. Even though I'm sure they've fixed the weak spindles, it didn't seem very well "balanced". It seemed very "front heavy". Those counterweights in the back were not enough. Sometimes turning it around was rediculous. The back tires would slip when it was really uncalled for. The SuperZ is extremely fast and seems to have a shorter wheelbase; thus keeping most of the weight at the back of the machine.

The Cub does offer the Kawasaki 29hp liquid-cooled DFI engine; my dream engine. :)

P.S. Our local Cub dealer is a tailhole.

8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

THAT WAS MY COMPLAINT ABOUT THE Z2 it just was very unbalanced and awkward my guys said the same thing. It just did not handle like our Super Z's or our Lazer Z's.

9. lawnspecialties

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore. I just sent Hustler a brief email about this very topic. If they even respond, I'll let ya'll know in this thread.:)

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I have been running the 28 efi for about 3 hrs. this afternoon and this engine runs absolutely perfect, not one flaw have I seen in this engine. How does the dfi compare to the efi, liquid cool is not something that really interest me because it is just something else to maintain and I like to trade to much to worry about how long one will last but I would take a 34 efi tomorrow.