I was using wooden ramp and my mower felt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guven, Jun 8, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Today my new mower felt from the ramp and bend the deck very bad.second time its happened.Wet weather makes my ramp very slippery . after I got really mad almost going to buy a trailer then I said my self calm down.is any one using wooden ramp .

2. Think how pissed off you'l be if you get hurt the next time, buy some decent ramps or a trailer.

3. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I was very pissed off, I lost half day today because of my ramps.Finally rain stopped ,I was going to mow, fist job its happened.

4. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

When I first started I was using a set of metal ramps to load my 48 inchwb into the truck. The mower slipped of off the ramp and i took the handle bar in the chest breaking two ribs. Hard lesson learned but safety comes first. What good is the money you are making if you are injured and can not enjoy it. Spend the couple bucks and buy a trailer. Best decision I ever made.

5. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

What type of mower is it that fell? How badly is the deck bent?

6. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Billy goat 33'', deck was very bed, I fix it but still looks like bed.I bought the mower 1 mouth ago.

7. ocelot27

ocelot27 LawnSite Member
    from PA

How about nailing some grip strips on the wood - they sell them at the 'Po (Home Depot). If you can't find them, asphalt roofing shingles work well too - use roofing nails or drywall screws with washers.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

This does not surprise me.

9. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Yes Sir asphalt roofing shingles are good idea. very good. if I put to shingles over the metal part of my ramp it will be ok, because the metal part is every time sliding from the truck's bed gate
    thanks again

10. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

"Billy goat 33'', deck was very bed, I fix it but still looks like bed.I bought the mower 1 mouth ago."

"Today my new mower felt from the ramp..."

Geez, forget the trailer and buy some spelling lessons...hehehe.