I went to the Kubota dealer today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Im pricing out and trying to figure out which mower I want. The zero turn radius Kubota 72in diesel is 11500 how does that sound Im looking around I mostly cut wide open spaces and I like the shaft drive for the deck right now I have a z-trak and I like it but I need a 72in so what are you guys input what would you do thanks alot!
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy it and you will find your Z Trak parked a lot. I have driven both and the Z-Track is a silly toy compared to the Kubota ZD28.

Once you buy your Kubota you will never consider gas or air cooled again.

(ZD21 is the best 60" ZTR available today, in my opinion). I have driven one and it is so smooth, quiet, and strong.

3. sprucehavenfarm

sprucehavenfarm LawnSite Member

I have a ZD28 with 72 inch deck I use on our horse farm. It is a great machine! Very smooth, quiet and powerful Kubota diesel with the Kubota legendary reliability. Very comfortable for the long haul with the suspension seat and control setup. All the controls and guages are right at your fingertips. Crank up front. Enclosed engine so everything is not hanging out there like the Dixies. The cut is very good though it does not stripe like the Dixies with out a stripe kit.

I've had (have) 3 Kubota tractors over the years and yet to have to have service for a breakdown. I had JD before and got to know the service department all too well.

Me dealer also sells Ex-Mark and they have not sold one Ex-Mark diesel since the ZD21 came out. You put the two machines together and you see what a bargain the Kubota is. And with the better engine. Now, I am not bashing Ex-Mark, if I wanted a gas machine I would have the 27 liquid cooled now. I like them.

I do not cut commercially except for field mowing and bushhogging with the tractor but the the ZD gets quite a workout on our land.:D

I paid $11,500. Every dealer around here was at that price.
  4. coalburner

coalburner LawnSite Member

I have been running a Walker and really like it ,but I need a "Z" for large jobs.
    I have just about demoed all of the Z's and the big Kubota is at the top of my list.