I will pick up my new Ferris Thursday.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tnpete, Feb 25, 2007.

1. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Went to the Lawn and Garden show yesterday. And bought a Ferris IS2000Z
    26-hp Kawasaki V-Twin liquid-cooled engine 61" deck.
    It is a demo only has 25 hours on it. And not a scratch yet.:drinkup:
    The deck has not even cut enough grass to get a good green stain on it yet.
    Was going with the 3100, but after being on both. The 2000 felt like it held better on the same hills.:clapping:
    So come on green grass.:cool2:
    Pete

2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with it Pete, give us a review once you start cutting that wet spring grass!

3. rebarn

rebarn LawnSite Member

Nothing like a new Ferris .:) :) :)

4. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks.
    I will get to try it out toward the weekend. AS theres green grass here on one place now. LOL
    Pete

5. say'n somthin

say'n somthin LawnSite Member

I picked up my two new 2007 61" Comfort Control DD 25 HP the other day. The only thing we have to do to lower/raise the deck is crank a handle. Now we just need some warm weather and growing grass. I love this business!!!

6. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds awesome!! Good luck with it and post some pics if you can.

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

We run a 2000 and love it. I loaded the tires for the hills and it seems to hold a little better. The only problem we had all year was a broken hour meter, warranty covered it. Good luck with it.

8. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

What size of hills were you running it on?
    Also any problems to look out for on the 2000? lite front end? How well does it handle the high wet grass?
    But guessing I will find out Thursday. As there calling for more rain and that is when i pick it up.

Pete

9. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Just to update this post, Mower has been great. Did have the hour meter take a crap within the first week. Got that changed out, 2 years ago we had to put a new blade engagement switch on this one also. Knob pulled off it. Other than that, its been a sweet mower. Do upkeep and let it mow, I did add a new seat the mower in the winter time. One from Northern tools. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200268424_200268424
    This seat took great riding mower and turned it into a Cadillac. Where I was getting a sore back on some yards from the jar of some bad spots. This took care of those, now its a new mower. Will be adding one to the newer IS2000Z also. As it still has the standard seat on it.
    Pete

10. Grubrunner

Grubrunner LawnSite Member

I've heard those shows are a great way to pick up a bargain and/or fix a great deal for a later date.

I got to go to em' one day.

Great to hear it's working out for you.