1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"I will Shoot you", sign

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by soloscaperman, May 27, 2008.

1. RyGuyusMaximus

RyGuyusMaximus LawnSite Member

The law in just about every state is almost exactly the same when it comes to the application and reasoning behind deadly force. You cannot use deadly force unless you are being threatend with deadly force. If you shoot someone for being on your property or stealing from your truck or even being in your bedroom at night when you are asleep you will be going to jail for a very long time. (no weapons on the purp, no chance of wininng your case.)Murder 2 or manslaughter depending on the circumstances. I think texas is the only wackphuk state that has little discrimination for deadly force on property.

Remember the law will always defend the living over the material.
  2. xxl

xxl LawnSite Member
    from MO

Sweeeett glad to hear that
  3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

That is bull. Unauthorized entrance into a dwelling at night, with people at home is just asking to be shot.

The burglar had better hope he finds your house and not mine. No way someone is walking in and killing or so much as threatening my family or myself.

Besides the fact that there is probably no scarier sound than a twelve gauge going snick-snick when surprising somebody. I own many firearms, and am around guns a lot, firing hundreds of rounds a year. And i can not think of a worse sound to hear.
  4. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

True, you can shoot on site any trespassers.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

6. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

LOL :drinkup:

Seriously if I wake up to find an intruder in my bedroom that person is a dead man
  7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

oh? Dont you think he would have the jump on you already while he is watching you sleep?
  8. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

In most states, you can use deadly force to protect yourself or your family against a perceived threat of death or serious injury.
    If I wake up to find a stranger standing in the dark in my bedroom, it could take a long time to clean up the mess and for my ears to stop ringing...
  9. Pierre

Pierre LawnSite Member

That is some of the best advice you'll get here. I'm a certified Self Defense Instructor, conducting classes and certifying graduates to obtain carry permits. One of the mandatory books my students must read is Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme". There are two types of trials after a citizen shooting, righteous or not.
    Criminal and civil. State laws pertain primarily to criminal lawsuits, but civil suits are an entirely different worlds, rife with sleazy attorneys who know all of the angles that can lead an honest citizen defending his property directly to a long term in jail. Keep in mind that defending your home, wife, kids and yourself from personal harm is far removed from defending "property" in a civil suit.
    That aspect is a gray area in which expensive attorneys love to play.
    Their basic precept is that no human life is worth an inanimate object. You'll be hard pressed to convince a jury otherwise.
    Call your County Attorney's office. They should assign you an appointment with a deputy attorney who can actually help when police won't.
    Good luck, and stay low.

10. Pierre

Pierre LawnSite Member

But....... If you really do want a sign....... I developed one for you.