I WILL take the full time plunge this spring!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrusk, Nov 21, 2004.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

After much deliberationg i have decided i must quit my full time job (with another landscape company) and go on my own in the spring. I realize if if want to succede in this business i have to put 100% of my time into my business. No other percentage besides 100% is good enough.

I am 18 and have nothing to loose. I live at home with no rent and parents that support me 100%. That makes the choice easier. The only hard part is if i stayed working with the company i am with now i'd be up to 20 and hour. However i figure that is nothing compared to what i could be making. Currently I have 5 lawns that gross me 250 a week. I also already have 15000 grand worth of hardscape/landscape jobs on my own under my belt.

I am going to run ads all season long in both of the small newspapers in my town. I am also going to order 5000 door hangers and will make sure i get them ALL out. I am CONFIDENT i can make this work. Wish me luck.

2. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck there you seem to have your mind made.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck! You have picked the best time of your life to take the risk. Plus this happens to be the best time of the year to get a start on getting things lined up for the coming season. I will start my preparation pretty soon myself... if current obligations will ever end for this season that is....
  4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Good luck,,,,no better time than at 18. Low risk, no mortgage, no family to support yet. So you can invest alot of time & energy into it. Wish I had stated sooner.
  5. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like you have a good plan in place to get your business going. I wish you the best of luck to be successful.