1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I won a 04' F150 FX4

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, Dec 12, 2003.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

that's right ladies and gents...i won a brand spankin new truck..some of you from the memphis area might have heard about the promotion..the memphis grizzlies, ford and 94.1 the buzz were giving away this truck..all i had to do was to keep my hand on it till the last person was standing...it started on last fri at noon and went 89hrs50mins until tue morning at 550am...i filled out about 800 entry forms and they called me the day before the contest...

the truck is yellow, 5.4 3v triton, 300hp, 365lb-ft torque...this thing will haul anything that i decide to put behind it, right now anyway...i thought about turning it in for a decked out 250 or 350 but i have alot of time and sentimental value involved in this one...besides, before i went to do this my wife and i talked about using this opportunity to reduce debt and that is exactly what we will be doing...it will cost me 2400 for txs...the sticker is 34,875 and will be considered income for this yr or next...i will get pictures up as soon as i can...
  2. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

When I had a job, I always wondered who on earth would be able to win contests like this? Obviously, it's not people with jobs.

Congratulations on winning the truck. But it's a little scary that people from our industry are the ones who have the time to enter & win contests like this.

DFW Area Landscasper
  3. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

well, i have a job, as a matter of fact, i feel that i have three jobs..i work full time 3rd shift at federal express, lco, and a father of two...now that the only thing going on is leaves, i was able to take off from fedex and put my cleanups on hold for a few days...small price to pay to make $377 hr winning a truck...no offense taken...thx
  4. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

DFW, Are you a little jealous! He may work alot harder than many people. Just cuz he entered a contest doesnt mean he had time to waste. Dont be bitter that the 2,500 entries you put in didnt win. :( And they always say you will be rewarded for your efforts one way or another. I say Congrats on the truck, but i bet u wish it were a GM :D
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Congrats on the new free toy. You will have fun with that.
  6. NorrisG

NorrisG LawnSite Member

WOW! That is great Stevo!
    I have to ask..... did ya get a break? You know.... some things can't wait!:blush:
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

WOW.. almost 4 days! Fantastic!

I bet you slept good after ;)

I saw something like that on Howard Stern. Contestants had to stand and keep there hands on someone (can't remember who.. Benji maybe?) for $10-15,000. I think it went for ~65 hours.

I think it's a good idea to reduce your debt.

Any advice if someone else were to enter a contest such as this?
  8. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I guess I was assuming you were just like me...a full time starving LCO with nothing to do in for 3.5 to 4 months out of the year.

Again. Congratulations on winning the truck. And yes, I am jealous.

DFW Area Landscaper
  9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

FANTASTIC! What a great Christmas present. Hey want to make a profit? I will buy it for $4,000.00 hahahahahaha!

Honest, I bet you are happy as a pig in slop, LOL.

Enjoy, and a very Mery Christmas to you and your wife.
  10. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

How could you stay up that long? Did you go on a big crank binge?

What about using the bathroom? Or is that how you chased everyone off?