1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I Won All This In A Raffle!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcplace2004, Mar 29, 2006.

1. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I won 12 months of insurance for my business and truck and trailer, my business license fee, applicator license fee, my UBI fee, my truck, my trailer, my commercial equipment worth THOUSANDS (were talking trimmers, BP blowers, handhelds, pole pruners, chainsaws, ZTR mowers, walk behinds, push mowers, hedge trimmers and more), a computer and printer, printer paper, printer ink, preprinted invoices, envelopes, stamps (cool), professional lawn care business software, safety glasses, hearing protection, chainsaw oil and chains, lawnmower blades and oil, free fuel for a year for ALL my equipment (and that is great since fuel is at almost $3.00 a gallon!), trimmer line, screen printing for all my shirts, the shirts themselves (hats too), work boots, spark plugs and air filters for my equipment, a year of out-of-warranty service (parts and labor included), 20,000 flyers and people to pass them out, vehicle lettering and signs (WOW!), income and insurance for my employees....there are many more things but the garage is too full to see everything I won!...And what is really cool is NOW I can charge the $25.00 a week to mow, edge, blow, and even give away freebies! I am in heaven...it is so cool not to have costs for once:clapping:
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats! Where did you sign up to win something like this??:clapping:
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

now Bill, come on, you really believe this? If so, I'll sell you the Liberty Bridge. ;) :waving:
    I believe he is trying to make a point.
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

heck--if I won all that stuff, I'd probably lower my weekly price from $25 to probably $17.50..........

GEO :waving: :laugh:
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Obviously too good to be true, I agree with Jodi.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I went to 10 bucks
  7. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i raised my price $50.00 just because...
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Absolutely... I'd quadruple my price, so you only had to do 1/4 of the work to make the same money, and since you don't have any "overhead", then you're basically free and clear.
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

At 10 bucks i will do all the work and make no money:weightlifter:
  10. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I think I'd sell the business.