I wrecked my trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by little green guy, Apr 10, 2000.

1. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Today as we where on our way to pick up a load of mulch my trailer disconected from the truck. Then the safty chians broke and the trailer went into the next lane and hit an oncomeing car sent an old lady to the hospital and messed up the trailer pretty good. I saw parts or the trailer about 30 feet in the air. Not good. All we wanted was a couple yards of mulch. Just thought I'd tell yall It's realy got me agervated. I've got lots of work and no trailer. Not to mention the old lady in the hospitail.<p>Advice: if your safty chians are cheesy beef em up trust me.

2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

im sorry to hear about this accident, i hope the lady is ok, i also hope you had insurance so you dont have years of headache following this <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

3. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

All I can say is OUCH!This would be one of the worst times of the year for that to happen!Was your trailer insured?I hope so!There was a guy in town that had a nice big landscape trailer.He was going through a an intersection when a car went through the stop sign and slammed into his trailer.The impact of the collison sent his walker flying out of his trailer!The walker was more than toast is was about 1/3 thinner than before the accident.His trailer was also in bad shape.I'm not sure if he fixed it or not.Trailer can be cut apart and welded up but you can't do that to a Walker!Well that was bad enought right?Well guess what he forgot?INSURANCE!Like I said before OUCH!He has recovered from that but I'm shure it set his business back acouple of steps.I hope you get back on the road soon!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care<br>

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i think your order of concern should be:<br>Today my trailer got dissconnected and crashed into oncoming traffic and sent a lady to the hospital, not to mention my trailer is recked.<p>My concern would be the lady first not my trailer.<p>

5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

maybe you could cut her lawn for her for free while she is in the hospital, its the least you could do<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

6. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

lone star dont be so sure he doesnt acknowledge the lady. Some times people stage their thoughts in different or dont write them the way they feel. Never know what a person is thinking. Everybody is different. <br>Not trying to be mean just my experiences.

7. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I understand....but when you let people know your thoughts (by writing them) most people would write whats on their mind. Im not saying that he doesnt worry about the lady but the trailer can be replaced, the lady cannot. This is reflected in some of our businesses...some companies worry about getting in and getting out and not customer care. Just my opinion no offense.

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

How was it possible for the trailer to become disconnected? Did you forget to latch it or was the tongue worn out? Just curious, let everybody know if there is a chance it could happen to one of us. Did you have your safety bolt in place? I know some that don't use one!<p>Homer

9. Hello:<p>Sorry this happened to you. I hope you had insurance!<p>Voice of experience, don't say nothing one way or another. If you do, it could be used against you in a court of law.<p>Might even have a lawyer check into it. If not you will find out more when you go to traffic court! Personally I would wait til you go to traffic court.<p>I'm not trying to scare you, but if it happened the way you said it did, she has a winning case against you.<p>We live in a sue happy society & this is one of the worst things that can happen to you in business.<p>Been there done that! I have a person suing me now because my daughter failed to yield at a traffic intersection. The only reason they are suing me is because I own a business.<p>I wish you the best, I hope the Lady gets well soon & she doesn't try to take any legal action against you!<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Go back and read my post &quot;i want to cry&quot; there are many incidents that have happened to all of us and it helped to read them. No one wants to see anyone get hurt. No one WANTS to have an accident. These incidents can happen to any of us. For me its a hard learning experience.