I20 Trouble

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by coxlandscaping, Nov 12, 2007.

1. coxlandscaping

coxlandscaping LawnSite Member

Is anybody having trouble with Hunter I20 popping up had a customer call me today about 4 of there heads not wanting to popup I went by and you can pull up on them not very hard and they will come right up and run fine I noticed that you could push down on them when they are running and you can feel it like click into place and they will not pop up pull on it a little and it will take right off should I just replace all 4 and see what it doe’s it has been working fine all summer according to the customer it worked fine when we put it in

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i-20's require a higher working pressure... about 300 psi minimum.

I have had a few stick down. I unscrewed the body and cleaned it out and it was fine. I think the center turret was in a bind when the cap was screwed on.

3. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like the pressure is too low for I-20's. Pull the rubber off the check valves and they should pop up fine.

4. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Holy cr:dizzy: p

5. The I-20 has a much stronger spring than the PGP.... if the head will not pop up then it is a pressure issue....

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Had same problem with some Toro's pressure fix cured it i think 300 psi might be a bit much might break something try more like 50 look just to the left of the enter button there a few keys we call them punctuation try them next time you post cause if you dont your sentence seems to go on and on even though youve really written a paragraph people think youve written a sentence cause theres no punctuation:dizzy:

7. You are meant to read it like a poem.

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

LOL

i meant 30psi...sorry

9. Yank the I-20 and install maxi-paws.:)

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: Do ya one better, yake the I-20's, install plugs/caps.